Mars and a Colourful Lunar Fog Bow

Arching across the lower part of the image above is a rare lunar fog bow. Unlike a more commonly seen rainbow, which is created by sunlight reflected prismatically by falling rain, this fog bow was created by moonlight reflected by the small water drops that compose fog. Although most fog bows appear white, all of the colours of the rainbow were somehow visible here. The above image was taken from high atop Haleakala, a huge volcano in Hawaii, USA, by Wally Pacholka. 2 Feb 2010 APOD

Thursday, 23 September 2010

New Business

Anyone who has been to have a look at this blog may have noticed a lack of posts since June. That's not to say I have lost interest in my garden. I am setting up a new business which has taken over most of my free time.

So from now on I am going to be an occasional Guest Poster on the Nourishing Obscurity blog run by James Higham.

I will be posting as Rossa about food, setting up a new business in a recession and anything else that catches my fancy.

So take a wander over and say hello.

nourishing obscurity

2 comments: